Welcome to SOFA
SOFA is an umbrella organization consisting of 46 branch societies distributed in different districts in Sri Lanka. Mr. Bernard Ranaweera is the overall President of this 100% independent farmer organization managed by a Board of Management consisting of Presidents/representatives of branch societies with a total of more than 2000 small organic farmers. Producers annually elect the members for their respective societies democratically in order to carry out the suggestions and implement the programs forwarded at village level by the small farmers. Office bearers of the SOFA mother organization are annually elected at the General Assembly. SOFA is registered as a Fairtrade farmer organization under the Fairtrade Labeling Organization (FLO) and is strengthened with organic and biodynamic certified primary producers.
Message from the President
Our vision is to establish an environmentally friendly, agriculturally developed, equally treated and economically empowered community.
Our mission is to reach the following objectives through Fairtrade:
- To support the producers to develop their lands according to the organic agricultural methods.
- To enhance the socio-economic standards of the producers/members.
- To grant educational facilities to the children of producers/ members.
- To promote religious, cultural and social activities in the living areas of the producers/ members
- To conduct the awareness programs for the community on environmental protection.
- To focus attention on the poor community, apart from our own producers/members, for their social and economic development activities.